While you're sipping your pumpkin spice latte, why not whip up a pumpkin beauty treat?
I'm here today to share two ways to use pumpkin in your Fall beauty routine.
Why Should I Use Pumpkin in my Beauty Routine?
Pumpkin is actually really good for us. While we combine it with sugar and pie crusts, in it's plain pumpkin form, it's healthy.
It's got antioxidants like beta carotene and minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Those antioxidants and minerals are great for nourishing your skin, helping with cell turnover, and even brightening your skin.
DIY Face Mask //
- 1 TB Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Raw Honey or 1/4 tsp Almond Milk
- Combine and apply to your face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
If you're not into DIYs, you can get the same benefits with the Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask.
DIY Hair Mask //
- 4 TB Pumpkin Puree
- 1 TB Coconut Oil
- Depending on the length of your hair, you may need to double or even triple this recipe.
- Combine and apply to your hair.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes. If you have one on hand, a shower cap could be helpful to contain the mess.
- Rinse in the shower and follow with your shampoo and conditioner.
Do you have any pumpkin beauty favourites?
Until next time,